Summer Sailing in the San Juans, Tall Ship Festivals & upcoming Full Moons on the SF Bay
Slow down and explore the San Juan Island Archipelago with a traditional sailing trip aboard the Schooner Freda B. We are pleased to offer a 5-night expedition designed for guests to enjoy time-honored and essential world experiences. Schooner Freda B is equipped with all the creature comforts for multi-day expeditions. All meals served on board, beverage and bedding, plus experienced captain and crew, are included in the ticket price. This is a great opportunity to unplug, relax and reset with the natural environment. Share sunrises, sunsets and moonrises daily with us while we observe one of the Pacific’s most marvelous habitats.
▪ June 9 – Historic Port Townsend: Board Schooner Freda B in the afternoon and receive bunk assignments and settle in. Embark on a Sunset and Full Moon Sail with your dinner.
▪ June 10 – Lopez Island: Sail to Watmough Bay Preserve, we will serve dinner and overnight on anchor in Watmough Bay.
▪ June 11 – Orcas Island: Sail to Doe Bay, shuttle into Doe Bay Resort Day Spa with a packed picnic from the boat, or choose a no-host lunch on shore at the Cafe. Explore Orcas Island activities as we overnight on anchor in Doe Bay.
▪ June 12 – San Juan Island: Friday Harbor. Explore San Juan Island by boat, dock in Friday Harbor for the afternoon, sunset and a no-host dinner on shore. We will spend the night dockside in Friday Harbor.
▪ June 13 – San Juan Island to Tacoma: Spend a great day of sailing relaxing, napping and taking in the epic scenery. This 12-hour sailing passage is a beautiful finale. Join your fellow guest, captain and crew for dinner, a final sunset and an overnight dockside for a final night in Tacoma.
▪ June 14 – Tacoma: Breakfast on board, final farewells, 11am disembark Tacoma Washington. Tacoma is the home to the Museum of Glass, Le May America’s Car Museum, Foss Waterway Seaport and Point Defiance Park.
Tall Ship Festivals
This June, Schooner FREDA B heads to the Pacific Northwest to participate in the Festival of Sail COOS BAY & TACOMA Tall Ship Festivals! If you happen to be in the area, please stop by and visit the ship; our crew loves to see familiar faces when the boat is on tour! Freda B is scheduled to depart on May 24 and will return June 26 or 27th.
June 1st-4th, 2017 – COOS BAY, OR
Coos Bay and North Bend will be one of only a handful of Pacific ports that will host the historic ships. Festival of Sail® Coos Bay / North Bend 2017 promises to be the largest event in the region’s history featuring ship tours, day sails, educational programming, food and beverage, entertainment and fun for the entire family!
June 15th-18th, 2017 – TACOMA, WA
Join us on the shores of the Puget Sound for Festival of Sail® Tacoma 2017. It’s a rare chance to catch a glimpse, step aboard, and even set sail on some of the grandest ships of yore.
Full Moon Sails
Each month SF Bay Adventures offers a charming Full Moon Sail aboard Schooner FREDA B.
Step aboard to watch the sun set and the full moon rise with us. We serve select Napa and Sonoma wines and California beers available for cash purchase. These sails sell out – secure your tickets today!
Celebrate Independence Day with a relaxing afternoon cruise aboard the Schooner Freda B. Light snacking menu and Rosé spritzer included in the price of each ticket.